Scientific Writing Course
We carefully designed this course to cover the basics of Scientific writing, publishing and data presentation, including a complete session on how to take advantage of your negative results.
Time & Location
22/09/2022, 16:30 – 18:30 WEST
About the event
Being able to write compelling abstracts, preparing a manuscript for publication or even present your data in a clear way are key essential skills for every Researcher. We carefully designed this course to cover the basics of Scientific Writing, publishing and data presentation for you, including a complete session on how to take advantage of your negative results. With the great resignation hitting academia, several PhD students see Medical Writing as a possible alternative career. That is why we partnered with Associação Portuguesa de Medical Writers to bring you a session where they will present the different sides of medical writing and you will have the chance to discuss your questions with someone who is already working on the field. This session will be free for our newsletter subscribers until maximum capacity is reached.
This course will consist of 6 post-laboral sessions (~2h each) addressing the following topics:
1. How to write a Strong Abstract (for a conference, your thesis, a research paper and for grant proposals)
- Speaker: Flávia Sousa - Senior Researcher at the Adolphe Merkle Institute, Fribourg; Founder & CEO, LYRIS
2. From writing a research article to publishing
- Speaker: Ana Rita Ferreira - Junior Researcher at iBiMED, Aveiro, Portugal; Coordinator of Biomedicine Department, LYRIS
3. Data presentation and graphical abstracts
- Speaker: Lucia Ciglar - Molecular Biologist at AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH and Freelancer Science Illustrator
4. Writing an engaging Review article
- Speaker: Matthew Pavlovich - Editor at Trends in Biotechnology, Cell Press
5. Take advantage of your negative results
- Speaker: Mafalda Santos - Science Communication Manager at LYRIS
6. Bonus session: Scientific vs Medical Writing (Open to everyone who registers in at least one session).
- In partnership with: APMW Associação Portuguesa de Medical Writers.
Tickets are available for individual Sessions and the whole course.
*Full Disclosure: The talks by Journal Editors reflect personal advice and experience and they do not represent official advice on behalf of the Journals, such as Cell Press. LYRIS does not have any financial relationship with any of the partners. These partnerships have the sole purpose of delivering high-quality content to the attendees.